Lawn Hydro-Seeding Services
Hydro-seeding is a fast and cost effective strategy for seeding a high quality lawn and establishing turf that is resistant to heat, drought, insects and erosion. Whether you're repairing a small residential yard or seeding a new commercial property, the hydro-seeding method provides exceptional coverage, improved weed control at an attractive price.
How it Works
Ottawa Blend Grass seed is mixed in a tank with water, mulch and a nutrient-rich fertilizer. This slurry mixture has the consistency of wet paper-mâché, and is designed to protect the seed as it germinates. In most applications, Nutri-Lawn will also include biostimulants, minerals and plant enzymes in order to encourage root growth and nutrient intake.
Once fully mixed, the slurry is pumped from the tank through a hose or tower and spray-applied to the surface of the soil. Tracing dye in the mulch will give your "spray-on-lawn" a bright green colour at the time of application. This will fade within a few days and soon thereafter – provided the growing conditions are reasonable – the grass seed will begin to germinate.
The Nutri-Lawn Process
Scheduling a commercial or residential hydro-seeding treatment with Nutri-Lawn is easy. Simply contact our office to arrange an appointment. At the property, our Ottawa hydro-seeding technicians will do the following:
- Take pictures of the area before they begin the service.
- Remove any debris by raking and bagging it. However, it's important to note that we will NOT prepare the area with soil. We will, however, recommend a reputable contractor if required.
- Apply the mulch-fertilizer-seed mixture using specialized equipment
- Take additional pictures of the area where our service has been completed.
- Leave instructions after the service is done to remind the client to keep the mulch and seed moist for 30 days.
- Return once to ensure the seed is being watered and it is germinating well. At this time, we will leave further instructions if needed.
- 'Apply Touch ups' during the follow-up visit if the technician determines necessary.
Nutri-Lawn's hydro-seeding blend includes four different grass species in order to ensure coverage and growth. Because of this, it is normal for your newly hydro-seed grass to come in patchy. As such, it will likely take your lawn a full 30 days to fill out.
If you're looking for a quick, efficient and cost effective solution to a thick, lush lawn, hydro-seeding services might be just the ticket. However, it's important to remember that hydro-seeding is not 100% weed free. Just like traditional seeding, weeds may come up through the area you've treated with the slurry. As such, we highly recommend following up your hydro-seeding treatment our environmentally friendly Fiesta Weed Control system.
If you have any questions about hydro-seeding or any other of our Ottawa lawn maintenance services, please feel free to contact our service department directly.